MY 1970 FORD CAPRI

WELCOME TO MY BLOG WHICH TELLS THE STORY OF THE RESTORATION OF MY 1970 FORD CAPRI 1600 DELUXE

Monday 18 July 2011

Logan City Car Show - July 10, 2011

Because it seemed a nice winter’s morning, I decided at the last minute to take my white Capri to this event. It is held in the car park of the Logan Entertainment Centre so it is not a huge event but all the spaces were taken & quite a few cars were on the oval next door. Most of the cars were modified vehicles, mainly hot rods, Falcons & Commodores. There was only one Capri but there was a very nice Cortina GT.
There was one exhibit which may have interested the President & that was a genuine Cobra Panel Van (apparently 1 of 4, with all its story printed on a surfboard). There were also plenty of police persons in attendance. I stayed for a couple of hours & it is an event for the south side members to consider in the future.
My main excitement was on the way home as I turned off the freeway when the accelerator pedal went straight to the floor. I am still not sure what broke (possibly the end of the cable) but being very close to home I rang my wife to bring down some string & scissors & I set up a hand throttle. That got me nearly home before the string broke & I had to walk home & get some heavy duty wire. This got me over the last hill & into the garage. So much for my pleasant Sunday morning run!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Counter